Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council is hosting its award-winning Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge and two Queen Creek restaurants are participating.
For the seventh year in a row, chefs from restaurants across central and northern Arizona will go head-to-head to create a winning dessert with one of the Girl Scout Cookie flavors including Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos or Trefoils, according to a release.
“This year we are thrilled to be hosting the biggest Cookie Dessert Challenge yet, with 36 venues from across central and northern Arizona choosing to participate,” Susan de Queljoe, senior director of marketing and communications for GSACPC, said in the release. “We’re also joined by 11 hotels and resorts and six participants in northern Arizona, including Flagstaff and --- for the first time --- Sedona and Prescott.”
The 2020 Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge features two venues from Queen Creek, included in 27 first-time challengers and nine returning venues including The Thumb and Rusconi’s American Kitchen, who have continued to accept the challenge since its inception in 2014 --- making this their seventh year of participation.
Participating venues in Queen Creek include Old Ellsworth Brewing Co. and Schmear: Bagelry & Café, which are both first-time participants.
The creations will be featured on participating menus for the entire month of February, with a portion of the proceeds from each dessert sold directly supporting Girl Scouting in Arizona.
For the second year, GSACPC will also offer an online poll for everyone to vote for their favorite. To vote, fans can visit girlscoutsaz.org/dessertchallenge.
The dessert with the most votes at the end of the challenge in central and northern Arizona regions will each be crowned the 2020 Girl Scout Dessert Challenge Champion in early March.
Participating venues, and the names of their creative desserts, include:
- Aioli Gourmet Burgers – The Triple T: Troop Tiramisu made with Girl Scout Trefoils
- Different Point of View at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort – Chocolate Coco Caramel Delight Parfait made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Eggstasy – Sidekick Crepes made with Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Famous 48 – Brownie Explosion made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Humble Brag Hair Salon in partnership with Copper Star Coffee – The Crown made with Girl Scout Trefoils
- Ironwood American Kitchen at the Fairmont Scottsdale
- Princess – Peanut Butter Jelly Pie made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- Lovecraft – Millionaire’s Ice Cream Dip made with Girl Scout Trefoils
- Luna Gelateria – Gimme Some Mo’ O Dat! Made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Malee’s Thai Bistro – Mousse au Chocolat made with Amy's favorite Girl Scout Thin Mints
- Match Restaurant & Lounge at Found:Re Phoenix Hotel – Caramel Coconut Cake made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Modern Oysterbar Chophouse – Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Cheesecake with Cookie Crunch made with Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Ocean Prime Phoenix – Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Old Ellsworth Brewing Company – Peanut Butter Promenade Cheesecake made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- PHX Beer Co. – Scottsdale Restaurant – Follow PHX Beer Co. for a Nutty Adventure made with Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Pitch– Coconut and Carmel Bread Pudding made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Prado at Omni Scottsdale Montelucia Resort & Spa – French Peanut Butter Parfait made with Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Proof, an American Canteen at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale
- Troon North – Caramel, Chocolate and Coconut Marble Cheesecake made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen – The Elvis Parfait made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- Schmear: Bagelry & Café – Sukalati Babka made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant – Chandler – Strawberry Flan Trifle featuring Girl Scout Trefoils
- Sicilian Baker – Peanut Butter Cookie Do Cannoli made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- Sushi Roku – Short Round Delight made with Girl Scout Trefoils
- Terras at Civana Wellness Resort and Spa – Deconstructed Mint S’more made with Girl Scout Thin Mints
- The District – Clubhouse Choconut Shake made with Girl Scouts Samoas
- The Herb Box - 5th Avenue – Triple "Girl Scout Patch" Layer Cake made with Girl Scout Samoas
- The Scottsdale Plaza Resort – JD’s Lounge – The Plaza Perfect Margarita Pie made with Girl Scout Trefoils
- The Thumb – Chocolate Peppermint Crunch made with Girl Scout Thin Mints
- The Vig McDowell Mountain – Presley Pie made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- Timbers Tacos at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona – Mint Cookies & Cream Churro made with Girl Scout Thin Mints
- ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho – Peanut Butter & Jelly “Show Stopper” Shake made with Girl Scout Tagalongs
- Bill’s Grill (Prescott) – Minty Cookie Monster made with Girl Scout Thin Mints
- ShadowRock Tap + Table at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock (Sedona) – Tropical Island Bliss made with Girl Scout Samoas
- Silver Pine Restaurant & Bar at Little America Hotel (Flagstaff) – Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake made with Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos
- The Annex Cocktail Lounge (Flagstaff) – Troop Leader featuring Girl Scout Samoas
- The Tourist Home All Day Café (Flagstaff) – Super Trooper Cheesecake made with Girl Scouts Samoas
- Tinderbox Kitchen (Flagstaff) – Super Trooper Cheesecake made with Girl Scouts Samoas
To learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge and to view a map of the participating restaurants visit girlscoutsaz.org/dessertchallenge.