Independent Newsmedia is a unique publishing and printing company that supports every American’s First Amendment rights and encourages and assists citizens in exercising those rights responsibly.
We pursue this mission by publishing community newspapers, by providing printing services to other publishers, and by creating citizen-driven community websites for the 21st Century and beyond. Our unique structure is designed to maintain our independence.
We pay taxes like any other company, but there are no shareholders, no dividends are paid, and all after-tax profits are reinvested in serving our mission. We are held in sacred trust by a rotating group of five trustees who believe in our mission and are pledged not to benefit personally from their involvement.
Apache Junction Independent
Litchfield Park Independent
Northwest Valley Homes
Paradise Valley Independent
Queen Creek Independent
Sun City Independent
Sun City West Independent
Sun Life Magazine
• To operate our newspapers and websites as members of a sacred public trust.
• To report the news with honesty, accuracy, purposeful neutrality, fairness, objectivity, fearlessness and compassion.
• To use our opinion pages to facilitate community debate, not to push our own opinions.
• To provide the information citizens need to make their own intelligent decisions about public issues.
• To help our communities become better places to live and work, through our dedication to conscientious journalism.
• To treat people with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• To provide a right to reply to those we write about.
• To disclose our own conflicts of interest or potential conflicts to our readers.
• To correct our errors and to give each correction the prominence it deserves (on pg. 1 if that’s where the error was).