Due to an abundance of caution and maintaining social distancing guidelines, the 12th Titan Solar Power Arizona Celebration of Freedom is once again a drive-in fireworks show this year.
The Independence Day celebration is free and takes place 9-9:30 p.m. Saturday, July 3, in the parking lot of Fiesta Mall, 1425 W. Southern Ave. in Mesa.
The fireworks will be displayed while one of the sponsors, 94.5 KOOL-FM, plays patriotic music to tune in and enjoy. To limit car battery usage, use a cell phone or a battery-operated radio to listen.
For information, go to azcelebrationoffreedom.org.
Frequently asked questions, according to the website, include:
Park as specifically directed by Mesa police and the event security team. This is to provide physical distancing, but also to maintain quick entrance/exit and safety for all attendees. We ask that you remain in the empty spot, generally on the passenger side of your vehicle, whenever possible so that each group of guests has their own area for watching the fireworks. Note that space is limited. Parking lot will open at 7 p.m. on July 3.
The parking lots will be active with cars throughout the event and not brightly lit. Watch children at all times.
What items can I bring to the event?
You are welcome to have food (no grills or heating equipment), drinks (non-alcoholic) especially water, chairs and blankets. There will be no vendors at the event. Be courteous and clean-up any trash in your area when the event is over.
Will there be restrooms available?
Yes, there will be portable restrooms available in each parking lot nearest the mall ring road. Restrooms will be monitored and cleaned throughout the event.
What items are prohibited?
• Please leave your pets at home;
• No pop-up tents or canopies;
• No alcohol;
• No glass bottles;
• No grills or heating equipment for cooking food;
• No contraband or illegal substances;
• No firearms/weapons of any kind;
• No fireworks/sparklers/firecrackers;
• No laser pointers;
• No motorized carts or scooters (unless ADA approved);
• No clothing with gang signs/symbols or of particular colors worn in combination with known gang signs or symbols;
• No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors; and
• No bicycle riding within the event area.
Is smoking or vaping allowed?
No. Per Mesa City Code 6-11-4, “No person shall smoke or vape in any public place when the public gathers together for any purpose or event.”
• Respect all safety barriers.
• Stay away from the firing site.
• If unexploded fireworks fall to the ground, do not touch them, keep away and contact police or fire officials who are on site.
• We have taken enhanced safety precautions and provided a safe venue for all of our citizens to enjoy the 2021 Arizona Celebration of Freedom fireworks show. By attending the fireworks show, you voluntarily assume the risk of injury to yourself or to your property.
• We have also taken enhanced health and safety steps and we ask that you follow our instructions.