Nominations open for Chandler’s 2023 Disability Awareness awards
Courtesy of City of Chandler
Here are the 2022 winners of the 30th Chandler Disability Awareness Awards. Nomination forms for the 31st awards are available online at chandleraz.gov/DisabilityAwarenessAwards and are due by Friday, Feb. 3.
CHANDLER — From student leaders and changemaking educators, innovative employers, and hard-working employees to outstanding volunteers, Chandler’s Disability Awareness Awards allows the community to share and recognize deserving individuals and inspire others.
The Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities is seeking nominations for the 31st annual Disability Awareness Awards. Nomination forms are available online at chandleraz.gov/DisabilityAwarenessAwards and are due by Friday, Feb. 3.
There is no fee to nominate someone or an organization for an award. The awards are open to all Chandler community members.
The five categories include:
• Student of the Year Award - Given to a student who has excelled beyond their apparent limitations.
• Educator of the Year Award - Given to an individual who has worked in the field of training or educating people with disabilities.
• Volunteer of the Year Award - Given to an individual who has contributed consistent and outstanding service to people with disabilities.
• Employee of the Year Award: Given to an employee who has overcome barriers and has excelled in the performance of their work.
• Employer of the Year: Given to an employer who has successfully incorporated employees with disabilities into the workplace and their business.
A complete nomination packet includes the official nomination form and supplemental details that describe the specific accomplishments and contributions that qualify the nominee for the award. Specific guidelines are also available online.
Award recipients will be honored by Mayor Kevin Hartke and City Council during the Council Meeting on Thursday, Feb. 23.
For more information about the awards or the nomination process, email email@example.com or call 480-782-2709.