Nominations are now open for the 2021-22 Peoria Hometown Heroes Awards. The Peoria Independent will celebrate nominees throughout the year.
"Peoria enjoys a diverse and unqiue mix of residents. We want to celebrate our readers diversity and acheivements," said Peoria Independent's business development manager Kevin Mahoney. "We welcome nominations for the next six months."
Hometown Heroes Awards is a celebration of individuals who live in the city, and Peoria businesses for their local achievements and distinguished contribution for communities.
The Hero nominees will be featured in the Peoria Independent, leading up to the annual awards luncheon to be hosted in the winter of 2022.
In partnership with the City of Peoria, the Hometown Hero Awards nominees will be interviewed by the city at a safe distance and aired on Channel 11.
"We wanted to add an extra element by highlighting community individuals," said Peoria Marketing and Communications Manager Tim Eiden, noting they specialize in video communications.
The Independent has been hosting Hometown Heroes Awards for six years, but this marks the first event in Peoria.
“As a resident of Peoria, I am especially excited for this campaign. It will showcase some great people in our community," Mr. Mahnoey added.
Nominations are accepted now. Please click here to submit an online form.
• Lifetime Achievement: Long standing community member who has consistently stepped forward and exemplified a passion for giving back to the Peoria community.
• Educator: Teacher who has inspired students beyond their own learning expectation.
• Mentor/Coach: Person who works with, and is a role model for our younger community.
• Community Cheerleader: Individual who rallies and organizes positivity for the community.
• Volunteer: Person who has donated their time and skill to assist or improve the community.
• Veteran: Former military person who served or continues to serve within the Peoria community.
• Healthcare: Influential medical professional who is a leader and provides topnotch care for the community.
• Emergency Responder: Person who steps forward during an emergency in Peoria.
• Spiritual: A spiritual leader who displays good works in the Peoria community.
• Entrepreneur: An individual who launches an idea into a new business and serves the community.
• Trailblazer: Individual who launches a path for others to follow through on new endeavors.
• Leader of Tomorrow (17 or younger): Youth who shows leadership and involvement within the community.
Sponsorships are welcome — selected valuable businesses and trusted organizations can partner to make Hometown Heroes Awards a great celebration for Peoria.
As a local business, a Hometown Heroes Awards sponsorship displays leadership, recognizes local heroes and supports their achievements. Please email email@example.com for more information.