Starting this month residents who call Buckeye police for help will likely receive a survey requesting feedback about their experience.
In an ongoing effort to enhance communication with the community, Buckeye police are texting links to brief online surveys within 72 hours of most calls for service. The goal is to gain valuable insight about our customer service and the needs of our community, according to a press release.
The announcement notes that the Buckeye Police Department is the first Phoenix-area law enforcement agency to implement My90, a community engagement tool that collects confidential feedback following a service call. The idea behind My90 is that 10% of a police department interaction is captured in a call to dispatch or an in-person visit with an officer. The remaining 90% can be gathered through follow-up questions to get a more detailed picture of the caller’s views and perceptions of the interaction and service provided.
“This tool allows us to go directly to the source and ask the caller ‘how did we do?’ The information we gather will help us see where we are most effective, what we can do better and identify areas where we can enhance services or resources to help more people,” Buckeye Police Chief Larry Hall stated.