The Peoria Hometown Heroes Awards program is a local testament exemplifying leadership, mentorship and partnerships.
The branded Hometown Heroes Awards is a celebration of individuals and businesses for their local achievements and distinguished contribution for the community of Peoria.
The Peoria Independent, will feature an individual as a Hometown Hero, each month.
At the end of 12 months, Independent Newsmedia will host a Hometown Heroes Award luncheon, honoring all Hometown Heroes Award winners of the community of Peoria.
The community can join the celebration, which includes acknowledgment of recipients and achievements, award presentation, lunch and social.
Selected valuable businesses and trusted organizations can partner to make Hometown Heroes Awards special for the entire Peoria community.
As a local business, your Hometown Heroes Awards sponsorship shows your leadership; and the importance in recognizing local heroes and supporting their achievements.
2021-2022 Peoria Hometown Hero Awards
- Honoring Dean Slack, Lifetime Achievement
- Jeff Sears, Trailblazer
- Ken Parsons, Community Cheerleader
- Rosalina Vilar, Health Care
- Kimberly Muhammad, Volunteer
- William Babb, Coach/Mentor
- Hunter Clare, First Responder
- Crystal Bond, Leader of Tomorrow
- Olga Tipton-Tucker, Veteran
- Jennifer Cheesman, Educator
- Cindy Humes, Spiritual Leader
- Troy Borman, Entrepreneur
Nominations can be submitted throughout the 12 months in all categories. To nominate an individual, describe their local achievements and contributions in a few paragraphs, and submit by email: AZnews@iniusa.org
Please include contact information for both nominator and nominee. All submitted nominations will be reviewed and selected winners will be contacted. Each Hometown Hero will receive a feature story about their accomplishments in the Peoria Independent and will be recognized at the Hometown Hero Awards Celebration.
- Lifetime Achievement: Long-standing community member who has consistently stepped forward and exemplified a passion for giving back to the Queen Creek community within any category.
- Educator: Teacher who has inspired students beyond their own learning expectation
- Mentor/Coach: Person who works with, and is a role model, for our younger community
- Volunteer: Person that has donated their time and skill to assist or improve the community
- Veteran: Former military person who continues to serve within the community
- Community Cheerleader: Individual that rallies and organizes positivity for the community
- Healthcare: Influential medical professional who is a leader and provides top-notch care for the community
- Emergency Responder: Person who steps forward during an emergency
- Spiritual: A spiritual leader who displays their own good and unlocks the potential in others.
- Entrepreneur: An individual who launches an idea into a new business and serves the community
- Trailblazer: Business that is spearheading innovative or new products and serves the community.
- Leader of Tomorrow (17 or younger): Youth that shows leadership and involvement within the community