Due to rising numbers of COVID-19 in the Southwest Valley, the Litchfield Park Historical Society has temporarily closed its museum to the public through at least February.
In October, the museum at 13912 W. Camelback Road reopened for limited hours after being closed for seven months.
The facility, housed in the historic building known as “Aunt Mary’s House” on the grounds of the former Paul W. and Florence Brinton Litchfield estate, has limited space for social distancing.
Mr. Litchfield was the president and CEO of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co., which operated Southwest Cotton Co. and Goodyear Farms on thousands of acres in the area beginning in 1916.
In addition to exhibit space, the museum houses collections of artifacts and images from throughout the Southwest Valley, including the cities of Avondale and Goodyear.
For more information on the museum, the historical society and its programs, visit lphsmuseum.org. Updates also can be found on the historical society’s Facebook page, @litchfieldparkmuseum.