In observance of Independence Day, the city of Tempe will close all administrative offices on July 4.
A reminder, there will be no fireworks at Tempe Town Lake this year. Instead, there will be a community festival with an in-lake fire flume show on July 3 at Tempe Beach Park.
Police and Fire services will be unaffected by the holiday.
Tempe 311, the city’s Customer Relations Center, will be closed, as will Tempe Customer Services and the court.
Tempe bus service will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule. The Tempe Transit Store will be closed.
Residential garbage and recycling collection will be unaffected. The Compost/Inert Facility, 1001 N. Rio Road, and Household Products Collection Center, 1320 E. University Drive, will be closed.
Parks and Recreation:
- Kiwanis Recreation Center, 6111 S. All-America Way, will be open from noon to 6 p.m. and the pool will be open from 1-5 p.m. The Tennis Center will be open from noon to 6 p.m.
- Kiwanis Park Batting Range will be closed.
- Escalante Pool, 2150 E. Orange Street., will be open from 1-5 p.m.
- McClintock Pool, 1830 E. Del Rio Drive., will be open from 6-9 a.m.
- The Cloud at Kiwanis Park, 5233 S. Ash Avenue; Esquer Park Splash Pad, 2407 E. McArthur Drive; Hudson Park Splash Pad, 1430 S. Cedar St.; and Jaycee Park Splash Pad, 715 W. Fifth Street, will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tempe Public Library, 3500 S. Rural Road, will be closed.
- Tempe History Museum, 809 E. Southern Ave., will be closed.
- Petersen House Museum, 1414 W. Southern Ave., is closed for the season.
- Edna Vihel Arts Center, 3340 S. Rural Road, will be closed.
- Tempe Center for the Arts, 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, will be closed.
- Cahill Senior Center, 715 W. Fifth Street, will be closed.
- Escalante Multi-Generational Center, 2150 E. Orange Street, will be open from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- North Tempe Multi-Generational Center, 1555 N. Bridalwreath Street, will be closed.
- Pyle Adult Recreation Center, 655 E. Southern Avenue, will be closed.
- Westside Multi-Generational Center, 715 W. Fifth Street, will be closed.
- Ken McDonald Golf Course, 800 E. Divot Drive, will be open from sunrise to sunset.
- Rolling Hills Golf Course, 1415 N. Mill Avenue, will be open from sunrise to sunset.