A unique interactive art experience is coming to downtown Peoria next week.
The multi-day event, Light at Play: An Interactive Art Experience, features installations by Pneuhaus, an art and design studio that creates immersive sculptures and environments using light, color, and sound to incite curiosity and wonder.
Light at Play will transform the public space at Osuna Park, 10510 N. 83rd Ave., Feb. 10-21. The display will be open during regular park hours, 6 a.m.-10:30 p.m. The experience will feature six large-scale interactive, illuminated public artwork pieces.
“We are thrilled to offer new ways to experience art that the community can enjoy by creating excitement in our public spaces with interactive and immersive sculptures,” said Marylou Stephens, Arts, Culture and Library Services Director. “Pneuhaus is a premiere art studio that specializes in the exuberant transformations of public space, and we are pleased to welcome them to Peoria.”
Featured artwork includes:
• Tensegrity – A structure that leverages the properties of textiles and air. Its parts appear to levitate.
• Street Seats – An interactive seating unit designed to empower users to become the designers of their own environment.
• Compound Camera – An immersive dome made of 109 inflatable pinhole cameras that each cast a live projection of the surrounding environment.
• Fabric Prism – An open-air pavilion that casts a gorgeous iridescent color gradient on the interior as light passes through the three-colored panels that form an arch.
• Cloud Lights – This curved, white display provides shade and simulates clouds in flight during the day and is illuminated from within, creating a lantern glow in the evening.
• Grove – This display features 23 columns of light that are channeled into a single branching network and vaulted high into the sky, creating pockets and clearings for people to explore.
Pneuhaus is an art and design studio that specializes in exuberant transformations of public space. Their immersive sculptures and environments guide visitors into the universe of their senses and the joys of shared experience. Inspired by physics, biology, and craft, the studio’s work incorporates the lessons of nature in both form and function.