Drivers along I-10 in the East Valley, especially those bound for Sky Harbor Airport should look at alternatives for navigating their trips this weekend.
Several ramp and road closures will require extra time and some planning from Friday night, Aug. 19, until Monday morning, Aug. 22, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Eastbound I-10 will be closed between State Route 51 and US 60 from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday as crews continue bridge work for the Interstate 10 Broadway Curve improvement project.
The following ramps will be closed:
• Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Third Street, Seventh and Jefferson streets, Buckeye Road, 24th, 32nd and 40th streets.
• The ramp from southbound SR 143 to eastbound I-10.
• The southbound I-17 on-ramps at Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street.
• The ramp from southbound I-17 to eastbound I-10.
• The westbound Loop 202 ramp to eastbound I-10.
• The southbound SR 51 on-ramp at McDowell Road.
• The ramps from southbound SR 51 to eastbound I-10.
• The high-occupancy vehicle ramp from eastbound I-10 to eastbound Loop 202.
ADOT’s suggested detours:
Use eastbound Loop 202 to southbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60 or Loop 202 to access eastbound I-10 beyond the closure. Drivers traveling on southbound I-17 can use westbound I-10 to eastbound Loop 202.
West Valley drivers heading to the Southeast Valley can bypass the closure by using the Loop 202. From I-10 and 59th Avenue, travel south and east to connect with I-10 south of Chandler Boulevard.