The PebbleCreek Quilters of the Robson Resort community in Goodyear set a new record for providing masks, quilts and other items for the community this year.
Despite the challenges of the COVID-19, the quilting group donated 7,959 masks to Abrazo hospitals, New Life Center, Hospice of the Valley, Navajo Nation, Banner hospitals, Cancer Centers of America, Dignity Health, PebbleCreek residents, friends and family.
In addition, the quilting club also donated:
• 217 receiving blankets and 19 teddy bears to Abrazo;
• 87 dog beds;
• 61 quilts to Hospice of the Valley;
• 51 Hope Bags for New Life Center;
• 42 cosmetic bags for New Life Center;
• 23 quilts and 16 flannel blankets to • Southwest Family Advocacy;
• 6 quilts to Natalie’s House; and
• 2 quilts for foster children.
The quilting club has more than 150 members who love to sew, quilt and share their skills with others. The group offers educational classes and meets monthly to share information and ideas.
Each year, the club challenges its members to design and create something new and unique. The Dresdent Plate, due in March, is the current challenge, according to the club’s website, pebblecreekquilters.org.
Club members also share their creations during virtual show and tell on the website.