A self-described “celebration of all things geeky and pop culture” is coming to Glendale.
Cosplayers, vendors, live music and more will descend on Velma Teague Library, 7010 N. 58th Ave., and next door in Murphy Park Amphitheater for LIBCON West. The event goes from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4.
The free, all-ages event features comic book creators, cosplay groups, dozens of vendors, programs and demonstrations, games, and crafts for kids and teens.
- 12:30 p.m. — Syndicate Saber United: The Ways of the Force. A Jedi arrives to train the future younglings in the ways of the Force and with a saber. However, things take a turn for the worse when the dark side of the Force and the acolytes under Darth Dracul try to steal the show. Interactive and fun for all.
- 1:15 p.m. — DREAD Fleet: Bellydancers, Pirates, Sirens, and Swords! The DREAD Fleet sails into port with a treasure trove of entertainment. Stand your ground until the end and you too may be shanghaied into service of the DREAD Fleet pirates or their Combat Bellydance militia.
- 2 p.m. — Syndicate Saber United: The Path of Light and Dark. This spectacular and action-packed exhibition includes lightsaber duels, martial kata, spinning routines, and more.
- 2:45 p.m. — Phoenix Conservatory of Music: Pop Culture Tunes. Enjoy fun, family-friendly music that celebrates pop culture, performed by the Phoenix Conservatory of Music’s College Prep Program Rock and R&B/Funk Ensembles. These students are in grades 8-12.
- 3:30 p.m. — Bi Essential Movement: Taekwondo and Kpop Dance. Project Shinobi Martial Arts Stunt Team and the Arizona Kpop Dance Crew present a collaboration performance. Cheer on as they journey through an epic display of kicks, flips, dance and tricks.
- 4:15 p.m. — Minibosses: Video Game Rock. Get ready to dance! Renowned geek rock icons the Minibosses will perform instrumental rock variations of the theme music from classic Nintendo video games such as Mega Man, Metroid and Castlevania.