Glendale Community College, 6000 W. Olive Ave., hosted its 9th Annual Gaucho Globe award ceremony at the Spring Convocation Jan. 7.
A Gaucho Globe is an award that recognizes faculty and staff who excel in their jobs and consistently go above and beyond to make Glendale Community College a better place for students, faculty and staff. Each recipient was nominated by peers and then voted on by a committee. More than 42 people were nominated this year.
The following individuals received Gaucho Globe Award, for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Georgina Ruiz, Student Services Manager - Community Outreach Award
- Don Shuck, Tech Support Specialist Sr. - Customer Service Award
- Paul Ramirez, Public Safety Assistant - Fostering Team Building Award
- Rainier Perez, Emergency Medical Tech - Innovation Award
- Chris Nielson, English Faculty - Positivity Award
- Paul Romo, Counseling Faculty - Student Success Award
- Angela Schwendiman, Biology Faculty - Sustainability Award
- Cheryl Colan, Instructional Developer - Valuing Diversity Award
- Judy Basham, Early Childhood Program Director - Faculty Excellence Award - National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD)
- Debbie Leedy, Chemistry Dept Chair - Faculty Excellence Award – NISOD
- Sean O’Brien, Library Faculty - Faculty Excellence Award – NISOD
- Frances Mateo, Development Director - Community Builder Award
Members of the GCC executive team on hand included Dr.Terry Leyba-Ruiz, President; Monica Castaneda, Vice President Student Affairs; Augustine Erpelding, Interim Vice President Administrative Services; and Scott Schulz, Vice President Academic Affairs.