Western Maricopa Education Center (West-MEC — a public career technical education district) recently celebrated staff members who were recognized for their contributions to Career Technical Education by the Association for Career Technical Education of Arizona.
West-MEC announced the achievements of the following staff members:
• ACTEAZ Lifetime Achievement Award — John Mulcahy, West-MEC Assistant Superintendent for Professional Development and Adult Education
• ACTEAZ Administrator of the Year — Marilynn Babyar, West-MEC Director of Student Services
• ACTEAZ Distinguished Service Award — Shelly Thome, West-MEC Exceptional Student Services Manager
The winners were personally notified of their award in addition to being posted on the ACTEAZ website.
West-MEC supports its staff members in taking an active role in State organizations that support public education and career technical education. In addition the award recipients, West-MEC announced the following staff members for their service on the ACTEAZ Executive Board.
• ACTEAZ President-Elect — Rahsaan Bartet, West-MEC Elementary and Community Liaison
• ACTEAZ Member at Large - Brady Mitchell, West-MEC Curriculum & Instruction Specialist
ACTEAZ is a nationally recognized leader working with the ACTE national organization to become a stronger voice in legislation and policy making in support of Career Technical Education. For information, visit acteaz.org.