Despite COVID-19 concerns, the ninth annual Surprise Fine Art Festival is still scheduled for Friday, Jan. 8 through Sunday, Jan. 10 at Mark Coronado Park, 15940 N. Bullard Ave.
Admission is $3 daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
In 2005, Thunderbird Artists produced a festival, set within 180 acres on the Mark Coronado Park.
Back by popular demand, the city of Surprise and Thunderbird Artists are once again partnering for another Surprise Fine Art Festival.
The following are COVID-19 protocols:
- Those feeling ill, showing any cold/flu-like symptoms and/or having temperatures of 100.4 or more, shouldn't attend.
- Anyone in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 21 days, or has shown symptoms within 21 days of the event, shouldn't attend.
- Face coverings are required at all times per Maricopa County's mask mandate. Thunderbird Artists will give a complimentary disposable facemask, if needed and while supplies last.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds/or use 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer often.
- Avoid physical contact including handshakes, high fives, embraces, etc.
- No face touching.
- Be mindful of everyone’s personal space. Practice distancing of at least six feet.
- While enjoying the festival, follow the flow of traffic and walk on the right side of all aisles.
- If gloves are worn, use 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer often or replace gloves often.
- Those at higher risk of developing severe illness from COVID-19 or individuals in contact with higher-risk patients (residents in the same household, long term care facility employees) shouldn't attend.