The city of Surprise Parks & Recreation Department will offer registration for its 2022 spring sports programs through Jan. 28.
Leagues start early March and run through mid-May. Leagues are $60 for residents and $80 for non-residents, with the exception of Recreation Plus Volleyball and Baseball Majors 50/70, which are $75 for residents and $95 for non-residents.
• Tee-Ball: This program offers 4, 5 and 6-year-olds the opportunity to learn the fundamentals and skills associated with the game of baseball in an atmosphere where participation and fun are top priority.
• Baseball: This program offers youth the opportunity to learn the fundamentals and skills associated with the game of baseball. Divisions offered are 7-8 coach pitch, 9-10 minors kid pitch, 10-12 majors 46/60, and 10-12 majors 50/70.
• Girls Softball: The youth girls’ softball season will teach the game of softball in the spirit of sportsmanship, fun and wholesome competition. An emphasis is placed on the development of skills and the value of teamwork. League is for girls ages 7-14.
• Recreational Volleybal: The youth volleyball season will teach the game of volleyball in the spirit of sportsmanship, fun and wholesome competition. Divisions offered are 7-8 co-ed, 9-10 co-ed, 11-12 co-ed, and 13-15-year-old girls.
• Recreation Plus Volleyball: This league provides youth athletes with the opportunity to participate in an organized, local league that will introduce them to the competitive side of sports relative to playing time, rules, standings and tournament. While emphasis will remain on fundamentals, sportsmanship, and cooperative participation, this program differs from recreational sports as there is minimal playing time rules. Divisions offered are 14U and 17U.
• New 13-15 Year Old Boys Volleyball: Join this new division this spring. For boys aged 13-15 years old, teams will practice one to two weeknights each week with games mostly on Saturdays.
For information, contact the Sports Division at 623-222-2000 or visit surpriseaz.gov/recreation.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here