Here are current and planned road work projects in Surprise:
CURRENT ROAD WORK:
• Where: Windrose Drive, closed at 175th Avenue.
• When: Through Thursday, July 30.
• What: Closed daily from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily as crews work to replace ADA ramps on the northwest and southwest corners of the intersection. 175th Avenue will remain open.
PLANNED ROAD WORK:
• Where: Greenway Road — Sarival Avenue to Cotton Lane.
• When: Aug. 10 through Jan. 29, 2021.
• What: Widening to four travel lanes and the addition of a traffic signal at Greenway Road and Northwest Ranch Parkway. This project also includes provisions for drainage, sidewalks, bicycle lane, street lighting, landscaping and turn lanes.
Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained during the road improvement projects. Motorists are reminded to be mindful of detours and plan for additional commute time during the road closures.
Editor’s Note: Visit surpriseaz.gov/roadwork for a complete list of road closures and traffic restrictions in Surprise.