The city of Scottsdale is excited to honor the unique attributes of an Arizona summer with the inaugural “June Days” event series, which includes the city’s 70th anniversary celebration on June 25.
Throughout the month of June, Old Town Scottsdale invites locals and visitors to enjoy multiple June Days events. In addition to city-produced signature events, many area businesses, retailers, restaurants, and galleries are getting into the spirit with special activities and deals of their own design to make June Days extra “cool,” according to a press release.
“June Days celebrates the very best Scottsdale has to offer our residents every day as well as pleasing our out-of-town visitors,” said Mayor David Ortega.
“There is so much to see and do right in the heart of Old Town throughout the month — something for everyone. I hope that everyone gets an opportunity to come out and celebrate Scottsdale with us this June!”
Signature June Days events include:
• Starlight Movie Nights
- 8 p.m. Friday, June 4 and Saturday, June 5
- Scottsdale Stadium, 7408 E. Osborn Road
- Guests will enjoy a starlit movie-going experience in the outfield of Scottsdale Stadium. This event allows groups of up to four their own designated (and socially distanced) space to get comfy. Gates open at 7 p.m. for “socially distanced hour” during which guests can take in some fun summer tunes while getting settled into their spots. Movies begin promptly at 8 p.m. Space is limited; reservations can be made for a nominal fee; and groups more than four must reserve additional spaces.
- Cost: $25 per space (accommodates 1-4 people)
• Bike and Seek Scavenger Hunt
- 9-11 a.m. Saturday, June 12 and Sunday, June 13
- Marshall Way Bridge, 7124 E. Stetson Drive
- Participants will discover hot spots, historical markers and unique sites as they spin their way through Old Town solving riddles and brain teasers. Uncover the secret phrase at the end of the hunt to win a prize. Cost: $15
• Scottsdale Solstice Celebration
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, June 20
- Solstice Park (previously Soleri Plaza), 4420 N. Scottsdale Road
- Join the celebration as the city of Scottsdale welcomes summer at Solstice Park. Enjoy free snow cones, live music, wandering jugglers and magicians! Plenty of shade, misters, and water available as guests watch the sun shine through the Soleri pylons to usher in the summer solstice, and dedicate Scottsdale’s newest park. Attendance is free.
• Scottsdale’s 70th Anniversary Legacy Quest
- Friday, June 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Throughout Old Town Scottsdale | More details coming soon!
- Scottsdale is turning 70! Everyone is invited to this family-friendly celebration of Scottsdale’s incorporation as a city. Guests will participate in an adventurous expedition gathering facts about Scottsdale’s history along the way. Attendance is free.
• Scottsdale Gallery Association Gold Palette ArtWalk
- 6:30-9 p.m. Thursday, June 24
- Scottsdale Arts District |along Main Street from Scottsdale Road to Goldwater Boulevard and north of Indian School Road on Marshall Way to Fifth Avenue.
- Guests can enjoy refreshments and live entertainment designed to inspire a vacation vibe right in the heart of Old Town while perusing local galleries, many of which will also be hosting their own June Days events throughout the evening. Attendance is free.
In addition to the city’s signature events, residents and visitors can enjoy summer concerts at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park; special rates on services and packages at Saguaro Hotel, W Hotel and Hotel Valley Ho; a variety of amazing performances at Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts; paint nights hosted by Brush Bar and many other craft workshops at The Merchantile of Scottsdale; floral arrangement workshops at the Flower Bar; Sunrise Barre and Sunrise Yoga led by CorePower Yoga, CA Yoga Barre and The Foundry; Nighttime Shopping on Thursdays, and much more.
Complete details for each event can be found at oldtownscottsdaleaz.com