Maricopa County Emergency Management has issued a series of tips for residents as wildfire season approaches.
Long- and short-term drought, dry vegetation and unpredictable fire behavior, along with increased human activity, combine for a potentially active fire year, according to a release.
Stay informed on current and predicted conditions in your community, and when you are enjoying the outdoors, the release state.
During any incident that may require you to evacuate, officials advise the following:
READY: Long before the emergency starts, you want to be prepared. Do you have an emergency plan and a GO Bag packed.
SET: Know if there is significant dangers in your area. Be prepared to evacuate the area. Being SET by putting the Go Bag by the door, gather family and pets, including livestock, and be poised to leave as soon as possible. Stay tuned to the latest news and information from public safety officials.
GO: Once you receive a notification to evacuate, GO as soon as possible. Follow instructions, stay on designated evacuation routes.
The 5 P’s of evacuations are:
• People/pets including livestock and supplies
• Prescriptions including medications, medical equipment, power cords and batteries.
• Papers including important documents and contact information written down.
• Personal needs including food, water, toiletries, cash, first aid kit.
• Priceless items including photos and irreplaceable items.
For more information, visit ready.maricopa.gov/wildfires.