The series Classical Music Inside Out returns for the 2021-22 season at Mesa Arts Center, kicking off with Shelly Watson in October and culminating with an all-star performance featuring Zuill Bailey, Natasha Paremski and Chee-Yun Kim in April 2022.
Subscribe or renew at mesaartscenter.com/cmio. Mesa Arts Center’s box office, 1 E. Main St., is not open for in-person transactions and has limited staff available over the phone at 480-644-6500.
Tickets are $110-$140. A series subscriber package includes one ticket to each performance, one voucher good for a free pair of tickets to give to a friend for the Feb. 10 Xavier Foley performance and a downloadable recording by Zuill Bailey, according to the website.
The shows are:
- 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21, An Evening with Shelly Watson: She has taken every artistic opportunity offered in New York City to become her own brand of entertainment excellence. As an opera singer she’s an award-winning B.M. and M.M. Juilliard graduate, a Metropolitan Opera outreach artist and world premiere music collaborator specializing in improvisation, the release states.
- 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18, Attacca Quartet: Grammy award-winning Attacca Quartet The Nation’s ability to glide between the music of the 18th-21st century living composer’s repertoire has placed them as one of the most versatile and outstanding ensembles of the moment — a quartet for modern times, according to the release.
- 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10, Xavier Foley, double bass. Mr. Foley is a recipient of a prestigious Avery Fisher Career Grant. He was recognized on New York WQXR’s “19 for 19” Artists to Watch list and featured on PBS Thirteen’s NYC-ARTs. As a concerto soloist, he has performed with orchestras, including the Atlanta Symphony, Philadelphia Orchestra and Nashville Symphony, the release states.
- 7:30 p.m. March 17. Hanzhi Wang, accordion: She is proving herself to be the perfect ambassador for her instrument. Other firsts include being named the Musical America “New Artist of the Month,” an interview and performance on the 2,145th episode of New York WQXR’s Young Artists Showcase as the first solo accordionist on the program, and the Naxos label’s first-ever solo accordion CD, “On the Path to H.C. Andersen,” according to the release.
- 7:30 p.m. April 6, Zuill Bailey, cello; Chee-Yun Kim, violin; and Natasha Paremski, piano: The all-star trio join forces for a concert of music by Brahms, Franck and Piazzolla, the release states.