To help customers save water and money in their homes and outside, Scottsdale Water offers rebates on a first-come, first-served basis.
Funds are limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis until application deadlines or funds are depleted, according to a press release.
Rebates are available for single-family properties and multifamily, HOA and commercial properties.
Rebates for removing water-intensive features
- Grass needs about 75 percent more water than desert-adapted Arizona-friendly landscaping so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for removing warm-weather grass: up to $5,000 per single-family property and up to $20,000 per commercial property.
- Pools typically evaporate its entire volume each year so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for removing an in-ground pool or spa: up to $1,500 per single-family properties.
- Salt-based water softeners dump tons of salt into the recycled water supply that must be removed before it can be reused so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for: two $125 installments for single-family and commercial properties.
All removal rebates require an inspection before removal begins, the release said, noting that applications must be received by Nov. 30 for grass and Feb. 28, 2021, for pools and water softeners.
Rebates for installing WaterSense products
- Up to 70 percent of water use in Scottsdale is outdoors. Smart irrigation controllers tailor watering schedules to local weather data so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for: up to $250 for a controller for a single-family property; commercial properties can receive up to $400 per irrigation controller.
- WaterSense toilets use only 1.28 gallons per flush, which is 20 percent less than the federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for: up to $75 per toilet for single-family and commercial properties.
- WaterSense showerheads use less than two gallons per minute or less so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for: up to $25 per showerhead for single-family and commercial properties.
- WaterSense urinals use less than half a gallon per flush. Other devices may use as much as 4.5 gallons per flush so there is a Scottsdale Water rebate for: up to $200 per urinal for single-family and commercial properties.
- Commercial properties may also receive rebates of up to $250 per Flushometer-valve toilet.
All WaterSense products must be purchased on or after July 1, according to the release, noting that the deadline for WaterSense products for single-family residential is April 30, 2021; and commercial is March 31, 2021.
Restrictions apply to all rebates and rebates are limited to funds availability, added the release.
For details and to apply: ScottsdaleAZ.gov, search “rebates.”
Or, call 480-312-5650.