Scottsdale Artists’ School is working to reopen after the state lifted its stay-at-home order on May 16, putting the school in phase one of the reopening process.
SAS staff returned to the school Monday, May 18 with the goal of opening its doors June 1, according to a letter from the school to the community.
“We know this has been and continues to be a turbulent time and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Health and safety are our foremost concerns as we prepare to re-open the school,” the letter stated. “We are working to restore our regular schedule while implementing ways to keep everyone safe.”
The school has set goals to continue with its youth and adult summer programming, with a full list of available programs on SAS’s website. The school will also implement several safety guidelines.
Those guidelines include:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all staff, instructors, students and visitors while on the school premises.
- Max capacity numbers per room have been revised to follow social distancing for facility, artists, models, instructors, summer camp students and visitors.
- All frequently used surfaces are being disinfected and cleaned regularly.
- All equipment has been sanitized and will continue to be cleaned between student usage
- New sanitizing stations have been installed in each studio. These are in addition to the sinks in each room with antibacterial soap provided.
- The 6-foot social distancing suggested by the CDC will be followed within the school building.
The school is also asking visitors to the school to adhere to guidelines as well so it can provide a safe and healthy environment to all, the letter states. Those requests include:
- Wearing masks or face coverings while on school premises;
Staying home if feeling sick. Contacting a medical provider and following their advice;
- Conducting self-screenings throughout the day --- If a person or someone around them exhibits symptoms of illness: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other indicators they should leave and seek medical attention;
- Not gathering in one place;
- Washing hands with soap and water and using the hand sanitizer regularly, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces;
- Avoiding touching the face;
- Covering coughs or sneezes, cough into a tissue, or the inside of the elbow; and
- Following the SAS procedures set in order to create a safe environment for all.
The school’s website will receive constant updates with a complete guide to reopening and moving forward.