Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers will host its first slider eating contest, with the qualifying round taking place June 17, at 3 p.m. at all 14 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers locations across the Phoenix metro area.
The championship final round happens July 4, at Scottsdale 4th of July Celebration at WestWorld.
In the first round, 10 amateur contestants will be given 30 sliders. The first to finish all 30 sliders in under 10 minutes is the winner and moves on to compete at Scottsdale 4th of July celebration on the main stage at WestWorld. T
he winner from each location receives a $50 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift card. What’s more, every contestant receives a T-shirt and a $25 gift card just for competing. Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
Robert Wagner, Executive Chef of Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers, said in a press release, “We are so excited for Cold Beers & Cheeseburger’s first Slider Eating Contest. Grab your friends, compete as a team or register solo for a fun-filled competition. Not to mention, we’re thrilled our Championship will be at Scottsdale 4th of July on the mainstage with more than 10,000 fans who can witness slider eating history live at the massive patriotic celebration at WestWorld of Scottsdale. This slider eating event is not for the faint of heart – nor the sensitive stomach.”
Qualifier round prizes include:
• 1st place: $50 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift card.
• 2nd place: $25 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift card.
• 3rd place: Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers hat and Burger Seasoning.
Championship round prizes include:
• 1st place: $500 AMEX gift card and Gold Canyon Meat Box.
• 2nd place: Gold Canyon Meat Box and $50 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift card.
• 3rd place: Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift box (hat, shirt, burger seasoning, swag and $25 Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers gift card).
The qualifying round entry fee is $25 per competitor.