PHOENIX – Improvement projects will require closures of a section of westbound Interstate 10 in west Phoenix as well as stretches of State Route 143 near Sky Harbor Airport at times this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers plan ahead and check alternate routes, particularly if they are flying out of Sky Harbor.
The following work will take place through Monday morning, Aug. 15:
- Westbound I-10 closed between 51st and 75th avenues from 9 p.m. Saturday to 2 p.m. Sunday for new lane striping. Northbound Loop 202 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 27th, 35th and 43rd avenues closed. Detour: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including westbound Thomas or McDowell roads as well as Van Buren Street or Buckeye Road.
- Southbound SR 143 closed between Loop 202 and I-10 until 10 a.m. Sunday for work-zone setup and utility work as part of ADOT’s I-10 Broadway Curve improvement project. All on-ramps to southbound SR 143 closed. Detour: Consider alternate routes including westbound Loop 202 to eastbound I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport to bypass the southbound SR 143 closure. Airport traffic: Consider using 44th Street.
- Northbound SR 143 closed between I-10 and Washington Street from 10 p.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday for I-10 Broadway Curve improvement project. Northbound 48th Street also closed between Broadway Road and I-10. Northbound SR 143 on-ramp at University Drive closed. Detour: Consider alternate routes including traveling on westbound I-10 to reach eastbound Loop 202 (starting at the SR 51 interchange) to bypass the northbound SR 143 closure. Airport traffic: Consider exiting westbound I-10 at Buckeye Road.
- Eastbound I-10 (toward Tucson) narrowed to three lanes between Elliot and Warner roads until 4 a.m. Monday for I-10 Broadway Curve improvement project (traffic switch). Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Elliot Road and eastbound off-ramp at Warner Road closed. Detour: Plan on using other nearby ramps. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in all work zones.
- Northbound Loop 101 right two lanes closed between Warner and Baseline roads from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for pavement maintenance. Northbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps between Warner and Baseline roads closed. Detour: Use caution in all work zones and consider entering or exiting northbound Loop 101 at Ray Road or using alternate routes including northbound Price frontage road.
- North- and southbound SR 51 off-ramps at Glendale Avenue/Lincoln Drive closed until 10 a.m. Saturday and again from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for city of Phoenix pavement improvement project. Plan on lane restrictions along Glendale Avenue near SR 51. Detour: Consider using other SR 51 exits including off-ramps at Indian School Road, Highland Avenue, Colter Street, Bethany Home Road or Northern Avenue.