In October, the city of Peoria will offer flu, shingles and pneumonia vaccines at the Peoria Community Center in partnership with Albertsons/Safeway Pharmacy.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., individuals can get vaccines Oct. 7, 15, 16, 21 and 29.
The community center is at 8335 W. Jefferson St.
Flu shots are free with most insurance plans. Individuals must bring their insurance cards and photo IDs.
Individuals interested in receiving the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 booster shot should bring their COVID-19 vaccination cards.
In addition, free COVID-19 vaccines will be available for ages 12 years and older. This includes a third booster shot (Pfizer) for those who meet below requirements.
The following individuals are eligible so long as they have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine as the primary series, with the second dose at least six months prior:
• Individuals 65 years or older;
• Residents of long-term health facilities;
• Individuals 50-64 years of age with underlying medical conditions;
• Individuals 18-49 years of age with underlying medical conditions;
• Underlying medical conditions may include, but are not limited to: Cancer, Cerebrovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, COPD, diabetes, heart conditions, obesity (BMI>30), and smoking;
• Risks may include allergic reaction, myocarditis/pericarditis, reactogenicity;
• Individuals 18-64 years of age who are in an occupational or institutional setting where the burden of COVID-19 infection and risk of transmission are high based on individual benefit or risk.
Appointments can be made at https://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/1612375739910.
For more information, call the Peoria Community Center at 623-773-7436, or visit www.maricopa.gov/vacunacovid19.