Five business, education and community leaders have been elected to three-year terms on the Experience Matters board of directors.
“As Experience Matters expands its reach and impact in the community by connecting passionate individuals with nonprofit organizations, so too, does the depth and expertise of our board of directors,” said Executive Director Wendy Cohen in a prepared statement.
Newly elected board members are:
• Jessica Gabry, program manager at Starbucks where she supports career development strategy, working closely with leadership to develop best-in-class technology teams across the organization. Among her previous volunteer positions are board leadership roles with Arizona Women’s Education and Employment, The Phoenix Symphony Young Professionals, Social Venture Partners and Junior League of Phoenix. She lives in Phoenix.
• Maria Hesse, professor of practice at Arizona State University where she recently retired as vice provost for Academic Partnerships. Previously, she had served as president and CEO for Chandler-Gilbert Community College after a career as a high school teacher and principal. She lives in Gilbert.
• Paula Hill, vice president, principal relationship manager and non-profit banking specialist for Wells Fargo Specialty Markets. Ms. Hill assists Arizona nonprofit organizations achieve their mission using credit and treasury management solutions catered to their special needs. She and her team develop and implement strategies addressing cash flow and all other financial operational objectives. She currently is board chair of the YWCA of Metropolitan Phoenix. Ms. Hill lives in Glendale.
• Todd Judkins, senior associate at Point B Inc., a management consulting company where he specializes in large, complex technology-enabled strategic initiatives for companies to realize the full value of their portfolio of investments. A Navy veteran, Mr. Judkins, has consulted with numerous Fortune 500 companies and served in senior positions at IBM and Deloitte. He lives in Gilbert.
• Dr. Jeff Smith, superintendent of the Balsz School District. A teacher, principal and district office administrator for more than 36 years, Dr. Smith was named Arizona Superintendent of the Year in 2012. An accomplished author, he has been featured in District Administration Magazine, is a book reviewer for The School Administrator Magazine and has received numerous awards for innovation and leadership. He lives in Phoenix.
For more information about Experience Matters, visit experiencemattersaz.org.