Central Arizona College, faculty, staff and students gathered around their computers to recognize students for their outstanding academic and co-curricular achievements during a special virtual awards ceremony May 4.
For 50 years, CAC has been serving and educating the diverse communities of Pinal County. With five campuses and three centers located strategically throughout the county, CAC provides accessible, educational, economic, cultural, and personal growth opportunities for those of all ages. Go to centralaz.edu.
Following is a listing of the award recipients:
- Kuukua Amonoo, Outstanding Physical Science Student.
- Sheila Bealer, Outstanding Biological Science Student.
- Catherine Joyce Beaver Acevedo, Excellence in Writing.
- Reilly Carrigan, Social and Behavioral Sciences Student Award.
- Jeremy Clark, Excellence in Writing.
- Evelyn Colon, Emerging ECE Professional Award.
- Benjamin Foster, Excellence in Writing.
- Heather Franscioni, Outstanding Biological Science Student.
- Katie Gillespie, Phi Theta Kappa Student of the Year.
- Denise Herbert, Social and Behavioral Sciences Student Award.
- Jessica Hernandez, Dora Vasquez Award.
- Terri Jensen, Cheryl Foster Outstanding ECE Student Award.
- Ana Lizza Lombos, 2021 HIM Outstanding Student.
- Sesimphiwe Mbatha, Tutor of the Year.
- Alexsondra Nathan, Outstanding Student Leader.
- Andrew Pedro, Excellence in Writing.
- Jaron Roanhorse, Social and Behavioral Sciences Student Award.
- Jane Silcott, Outstanding Biological Sciences Student.
- Sevasti Silvia, Outstanding First Year Student.
- Adam Swanson, Outstanding Engineering Student.
- Brooke Williams, Outstanding Honors Program Student.
- Kelsey Winquist, Outstanding Honors Seminar Student.
- Lydia Yates, Visual & Performing Arts Student of the Year.
- Alexis Zires, Visual & Performing Arts Student of the Year.